Forum

Please note that this is an “Invitation Only” forum to help block the significant number of SPAM users that we get.   If you want access please contact the Webmaster via this Form to request access

Notifications
Clear all

Recap on the basic fundamental RG65 rules

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@wstobbs)
Trusted Member Admin
Topic starter  

There are a few fundamentals of the RG65 class.

1. Length - Maximum length has not changed, but we propose to remove the minimum length
  2. Maximum height of rig - Unchanged limit of 110cm, not we just define how to measure it
  3. Maximum sail area - Not changed from 2,250sq cm.
  4. Number of keels and rudders - not changed
  5. Bumper - unchanged from a minimum of 0.4cm, but we have removed the maximum length (0.6cm)

So the fundamentals are exactly the same

only 1 new restriction.

"All materials used shall be legally and commercially obtainable and usable without restriction in the territory where the boat is being operated."

Just to make sure we stay legal....I don't want to sail with a boat with enriched uranium.... ? 

GBR 42
Interim RG65 ICA Chairman

(@gianluca)

Posted by: @wstobbs

only 1 new restriction.

"All materials used shall be legally and commercially obtainable and usable without restriction in the territory where the boat is being operated."

Just to make sure we stay legal....I don't want to sail with a boat with enriched uranium.... ? 

We should also add a provision that if a boat that is legal in one country then it is recognized legal in the others. It may be possible that a material legal in one country is not legal in another one.

bye
Gianluca

Goth XP
ITA 02

ReplyQuote
(@achille)
Member Registered

Thanks for your comment Gianluca. Indeed, it is better to clear up things.

Lists of allowed materials are quite different between countries, and are subject to evolve. Therefore RG rules shall be in accordance with each country.

A boat might be legal in one country, and illegal in another where she comes to attend an international event for example. Then she has to comply with material legacity in that country as well.

So I am afraid that we are unable to follow your proposal.

ReplyQuote
Share: